Friday, July 27, 2012

Color Dare #9 - Creme Brulee & Petal

Hi! Welcome to the Color My Heart color dare - the only color challenge using Close to My Heart's exclusive color palette!

I've decided to add the colors to the post title, so no one will get confused as to which colors are to be used for the current color dare. I realize that I will have to change the blog's title heading because just about all of those colors will be retired as of August 1st. LOL.

Congrats to last week's winner of the tints challenge: Marie Flayer! I just love how the cardstock compliments the stamped images!


Franny's choice: Annette Clark


Ruth is out of town. We miss her  :(

This week's color dare is:
Petal
Creme Brulee
I've been working with Avonlea (and Clementine, and Scholastic, and Pear and Partridge, and Flirty) and so I took inspiration from the Avonlea Workshop on the Go. I got this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. I love their idea of keeping the lines clean. I especially like DT member (and fellow CTMH consultant) Allisa Chilton's work. I like to case her whenever I can because I like her style. It's very "me." :) I will be giving bonus points for using a sketch from Freshly Made (this week's or any week.)

Materials used:
Paper: Slate, Creme Brulee, and Colonial White cardstock, Elemental Level 2 pack
Stamps: Avonlea Workshop on the Go
Inks: Slate, Petal
Other: Slate Organdy Ribbon, Slate Epoxy Bubbles (both from Avonlea Card WOTG), Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon

Lesson: Today's lesson is "Tints, tones, and shades, part 2- tones." A tone is when grey is added to a color to tone it down a little. CTMH has many colors that are tones; this is because tones are more pleasing to the eye. I chose complimentary colors again for our tones, this time yellow and purple. This will be the last time we will use Petal in a dare because it will be retiring. Say goodbye.

Here is Franny's card:
Franny used Chocolate as her base and ink, a piece of polka-dotted Dotty for You paper as her Creme Brulee, and Petal as her middle circle. She embellished with pearls. Very pretty, Franny!

 
Here is a beautiful card from last week's winner, Lynn Darda!
Lynn used the stamp set Sweet Moments, and she colored the seam binding ribbon Petal to match. I love the look of these two colors on the Colonial White background. Lovely!

Here's what you do: Create a project using the featured colors. You must use Close to My Heart (CTMH) products to participate, but you may use other products as well. You will get bonus points if you use 100%, current CTMH products! Your project can be anything as long as there is paper in it. Examples are: scrapbooking layouts, cards, 3D items, altered items, ect. You may combine as many challenges as you want, but please make sure you use only the colors in our challenge. Feel free to add any neutrals in our color palette to your project.

Take a photo of your project, upload it to your blog or online gallery, and link your post up here. You must provide a link to your post, not just to your blog in general. Please include a link to our site and our challenge photo on your blog post. You have until Thursday @ 8PM to link your work. Thanks so much, and have fun!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! I love your entry for the creme brulee and petal challenge--stunningly sophisticated and elegant. :) Marie

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm excited to try this challenge for the first time. I uploaded my link but haven't seen it appear on this site yet. I hope I did it correctly. http://spreadinglovewithinkandpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link isn't working so I thought I'd post my link here. http://spreadinglovewithinkandpaper.blogspot.com/2012/07/color-my-heart-color-dare-9.html Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started out to do this challenge but added extra colors, so I don't qualify, but I wanted to thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sarah for selecting my card as a winner from last week! I appreciate your support and the inspiration you provide us with these color challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's the link to my entry. I couldn't get it to link up. Thank you for the challenge.

    http://craftingwithjoanie.blogspot.com/2012/08/color-my-heart-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for adding the colors to the title. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the creative entries. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete